With a little nudge from Twitter, I have decided to put down some goals that I hope to shoot for in 2018.
Some of these are definitely going to happen (#12), some will probably happen (#7), and some will be incredibly difficult (#9).
To be honest, some of these seem like they might be unrealistically lofty (#2, #4 & #6).
But if you don’t risk failure, you cannot truly succeed. So here are my 13 (running) plans, goals, & dreams for 2018:
- Hit the trails more with my family
- Run a Boston Marathon Qualifying Time (3:30)
- Volunteer at three trail races
- Run a personal best at the 50k distance
- Do at least one speed work session per week
- Break 24 hours at the 100m distance
- Run a bunch of dirty miles, embrace the challenge of bad weather
- Run a marathon every month (either a race or in training)
- Complete a Western States qualifying race
- Run an organized race event every month
- Pace another runner
- Have fun out there
- Stay healthy (this one is for all my Twitter peeps!)
I’ve come up with a couple new dreams for the list…I think I’ll keep adding stuff as my mind runs wild and my dreams grow bigger!
14. Run a sub-20 minute 5k
15. Finish a 100k race
16. Buy a freaking treadmill