Registration is now OPEN!!!
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #JeffsBirthdayChallenge!
We are genuinely delighted that you are here 😊
The most important things that you need to know about the Challenge:
- This is a fun, supportive, all-inclusive event
- Challenge miles should be run between Dec 3rd & Dec 9th
- IT’S FREE!!!
So what is #JeffsBirthdayChallenge?
It is a fun way for our running community to come together in the month of December to celebrate all the amazing people in our tribe:
People who want to be runners!
People who aren’t sure if they’re runners (you are!)
And, perhaps most importantly, people who like cake.
#JeffsBirthdayChallenge is about running, supporting our fellow runners, and eating cake.
There may be folks who are unable to run this year for whatever reason. We challenge them to eat cake & be extra supportive!
There are folks who will run crazy miles, eat a ridiculous amount of cake, & be cheerleaders extraordinaire!
It’s. All. Good.
We strongly suggest that everyone who commits to the Challenge eats cake on December 9th. It is a Birthday, after all. Don’t worry, any kind of cake will do: cupcake, angel food cake, ice cream cake, devil’s food cake, gluten-free-vegan cake, pancakes…anything cake-like, even donuts!
We hope that you will post a picture on December 9th that shows you crushing your goal AND using the hashtag #JeffsBirthdayChallenge!
What exactly is the Challenge in #JeffsBirthdayChallenge?
I’m glad you asked.
We love when participants to do a MINIMUM of two (2) of the following:
- Challenge yourself to run one of the following distances (in either kilometers or miles) during the week of December 3rd through 9th: 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 49, 69 or anything in between!
- Eat cake on December 9th to join in on Jeff’s birthday celebration!
- Support, encourage, & chat with the other participants!
That’s it. It’s literally that easy AND, as is tradition on any birthday, there will be presents…or in the case of the Challenge…PRIZES!
If you follow RunDemTrails on Twitter (which of course you do!) you’ll know that this year’s prize packs are going to be insanely cool. Including, but not limited to, swag from the following amazing companies:
- Altra Running
- Lock Laces
- runr (UK)
- Nathan Sports
- RX Bars
- Tail Wind
- PlowOn Gum
- Super Secret Surprise Prizes!
How do you win one of these amazing prize packs? Easy:
- Sign up for #JeffsBirthdayChallenge by Tweeting the words “Count Me In” @RunDemTrails along with the hashtag & maybe a fun photo or GIF
- Commit to running a chosen number of miles (you can also bike, swim, hike or just eat cake!)
- Post a photo on December 9th of you CRUSHING your goal, logging your miles, eating your cake, along with the hashtag #JeffsBirthdayChallenge
That’s it. Easy-peasy.
Winners will be chosen shortly after Dec 9th & prize packs will be mailed as soon as possible.
If you have ANY questions, feel free to:
- Tweet @RunDemTrails
- DM: RunDemTrails
- Email: RunDemTrails@gmail.com
(If you or anyone you know is in a position to donate to our prize pool with some sweet swag or killer nutritional product, please contact us IMMEDIATELY!)
Thanks for reading this far!
And thanks again for everything you do to make our running community so incredibly amazing!!!!
All my best,
I’m hurt & can’t run, can I still participate?
Can you cheer?
Can you Tweet (using the hashtag)?
Can you eat cake?
Can you post a pic of you eating cake?
What’s with the mileage numbers?
- 2 – 2nd annual
- 4 – the 1st digit in 49, which is how old Jeff will be on Dec 9th
- 6 – the 1st digit in ’69, the year Jeff was born
- 9 – the day in December Jeff was born
- 12 – as in the 12th month – December
- 49 – Jeff’s soon-to-be age
- 69 – the year Jeff was born